Updating or Canceling Your Policy
Ending your Membership
Ending your membership in our plan may be voluntary (your own choice) or involuntary (not your own choice):
- You might decide to leave our plan because you want to enroll in another Medicare Advantage or Medicare Prescription Drug (PDP) plan, a Medicare supplement plan or just return to traditional Medicare.
- There are also limited situations where we are required to end your membership. For example, if you move permanently out of our geographic service area.
Voluntarily ending your membership
In general, there are only certain times during the year when you may voluntarily end your membership in our plan.
Every year, from October 15 through December 7, during the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), anyone with Medicare may switch from one Medicare plan to another, with the change effective on January 1 of the following year.
There may be other limited times during which you may make changes. For more information about these times and the options available to you, please refer to the "Medicare & You" handbook you receive each fall. You can contact our Customer Service Department with any questions you may have or you may also call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), 24 hours a day, seven days a week (TTY/TDD: 1-877-486-2048 for the hearing impaired),
We cannot ask you to leave your health plan for any health-related reasons. If you ever feel that you are being encouraged or asked to leave our plan because of your health, you should call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), 24 hours a day, seven days a week (TTY/TDD: 1-877-486-2048 for the hearing impaired).or visit www.medicare.gov, to learn more about your options.
Involuntarily ending your membership
If any of the following situations occur, we will end your membership in our plan:
- If you move out of the service area or are away from the service area for an extended period of time.
- If you plan to move or take a long trip, please call Coventry’s Customer Service unit to find out if the place you are moving to or traveling to is in our plan’s service area.
- If you move permanently out of our geographic service area, or if you are away from our service area for more than six (6) months in a row, you cannot remain a member of our plan. In these situations, if you do not leave on your own, we must end your membership (“disenroll” you).
- If you do not stay continuously enrolled in Medicare A and B for a Medicare Advantage plan or if you do not stay continuously enrolled in Medicare A and/or B for a Medicare Prescription Drug plan.
- If you give us information on your enrollment application that you know is false or deliberately misleading, and it affects whether or not you can enroll in our plan.
- If you behave in a way that is disruptive, to the extent that your continued enrollment seriously impairs our ability to arrange or provide medical care for you or for others who are members of our plan. We cannot make you leave our plan for this reason unless we get permission first from Medicare.
- If you let someone else use your plan membership card to get medical care. If you are disenrolled for this reason, CMS (The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) may refer your case to the Inspector General for additional investigation.
- If you do not pay the plan premiums (if applicable), we will tell you in writing that you have a 30 day grace period during which you may pay the plan premiums before your membership ends.
You have the right to make a complaint if we end your membership in our plan.
If we end your membership in our plan we will tell you our reasons in writing and explain how you may file a complaint against us if you choose to.
My Online Services
Access your health care information & manage your personal health with our wellness tools.
Want information on a specific Coventry Medicare plan? Please select the plan from the list below: